Wordsense Support FAQ
Make one word and place it on the board's center
across or down .
Score your word by pressing .
If your word isn't in the Wordsense Challenge Dictionary, try another one. You'll know your word is good when your Score increases and new tiles appear.
- Continue scoring by making another word that interlocks with the first.
- Until scored, each tile has a time bomb that counts down. As time runs out, it glows red . It blinks to warn you to play the tile immediately!
- Drag a tile to the Tile Dispenser's recycle chute if you can't play it. Up to 5 tiles can be recycled.
- Score double for first word played and words landing on Wordsense tiles.
- To quickly return unscored tiles from the board to the tile rack, press ...
- Pause a game by pressing...
Now that you've reviewed Quick Start info, would you like details on...Back To Top
Build word power! A fast game for word nuts and beginners!
Try to get the best score from today's tiles. Each day will bring a new challenge.
- Speed Challenge ends when:
- All 40 tiles are played.
- All unplayed tiles explode.
- Player pauses the game and then chooses to End & Score Game.
Score as long as you can make words. Strategically "bomb" letters to free space for continued play. This is a real mental challenge.
Your board will fill up, so periodically, you'll receive .
Free a board section by clicking on played tiles and exploding them, making way for new scoring chances.
Infinite Game ends when no more tiles can be played on the board.
Score big each round as each becomes more difficult. This game will keep your brain active for long periods of time.
The number of tiles increases and time per tile decreases each round.
A Round-Based Game ends when the player fails to play the specified number of tiles for that round.
Between rounds, play a quick Bonus Round.
You have 45 seconds to play.Back To Top
Change music by clicking on .
Select MP3 and bring up your favorite music list !
To turn Wordsense Challenge theme off, click on then select off .Back To Top
"That's not a word!" is a phrase we hear again and again.
Well, we disagree.
and our favorite,sic
-- all words! Back To Top
Word Scoring Problems
- Make sure the word is on the board and press .
- Spelled correctly?
- Is one word formed in a multiple scoring play not good? Press to clear unscored tiles from the board and try again.
- Is there a stray, unscored tile on the board? Remove it and try again.
A Fast-Paced Game
Wordsense Challenge is a competitive game for word nuts and beginners, but if you find the pace too quick,take a break by pausing the game. Pausing won't interfere with your score or a tile's timer when you return to play.Back To Top
If you've messed up,you can continue the game and learn the tiles (important in Speed Challenge). You can replay any day's game again and again.
Did you know you can play games from days, weeks or years ago? To do this, select the type of game and then choose a previous date or click and choose a date from the calendar.Back To Top
Wordsense Challenge Strategy
- Build words. Playing AX, then AXE, AXEL, and AXELS scores more than playing AXELS.
- Use high score letters as many times as possible.
- Use S, ING, and ED to lengthen words and hit Wordsense tiles.
- Play or recycle a tile rather than let it time out.
- For highest scores, practice! Knowing there's one U, you'll save it for the Q.
- Better yet, learn the sixteen Q words in the Wordsense dictionary that don't require a U!
- Make a mess? Replay the game!
- Use bombs carefully! Keep the board open so you can continue scoring. Players say the Infinite Game require strategic thinking and word power.
- Remember, the number of tiles you can recycle is limited to five. Recycle with care!
- Know your two letter words!
- In higher rounds, tiles time out quickly. Move fast!
- Bonus Round scores words immediately. Go for short words.
- It helps to be in shape. Do a few push-ups before starting.
People SayWordsense Challenge...
"great for kids and adults"
"teaches me new words"
"great for word nuts!"
"a brain test"
"makes me think!"
"fun and brain-teasing"
"expands my vocabulary"
"improves my spelling!"
"keeps my brain active & young"
Back To Top
Who now remembers Wordsworth Samuel Challenge (1889-1932)? Although once credited as the inventor of the modern suburban lawn chair, Challenge was a scholar whose social circle included Hemingway, Ira Gershwin, Jay Gatsby, and the exotic dancer, Esmeralda.
Called "Wordsense" for penning poetry while serving with the AEF in Archangel, the name stuck and foretold his lifelong interest in languages and word games.Back To Top
When ready to score a word, press the ENTER key or the SPACE BAR for a change of pace.
The BACKSPACE key can be a quick way to return those pesky unscored tiles back to the rack.Back To Top
If this didn't help try our email support here.