Personally Identifiable Information
Playtonium.com collects personally identifiable information when you use certain Playtonium.com products or services (such as e-greetings), when you register for a Playtonium.com account (a future feature), when you purchase any item through the Playtonium Store, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Playtonium.com also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address and the page you have requested.
Occasionally, we may gather demographic data from you (for example, your age, education level or household income) with your voluntary consent. We will not share this information in a manner that identifies you as an individual with any other entity, unless we expressly tell you of such plans before you supply this information. When we share demographic information with third parties, we will provide only aggregate information.
Contests and Promotions
Playtonium.com may occasionally contain a special contest or promotion that is sponsored by another company. To qualify for entry in that contest or promotion, you may be asked to provide personal information. If Playtonium.com plans to share that information with the sponsor(s) or with others, there will be a clear statement to this effect in the contest rules or on the data entry page.
Children Under 13
The Playtonium.com web site is a general audience site and is not directed to children under the age of 13. Playtonium.com does not intend to collect any personal information from children under 13 unless Playtonium.com believes such collection to be permitted by law.
Playtonium.com may ask contest entrants to provide their age during the entry process and on other areas of the Playtonium.com web site. If a user indicates that he or she is under the age of 13, then all personal data collected during the entry process (or other information process) is automatically deleted.
Shockwave Preference Files
Certain Playtonium.com games and activities write small text files to your hard drive. These files (normally 2k or smaller) are "Shockwave Preferences" text files. The sole purpose of these files is to make your gaming experience more enjoyable and to preserve your historical information from one play session to the next. By way of illustration, two current examples of these preferences files are:
- Our ShockBowl game stores a player's user name and past bowling statistics in a Preferences file. When a player returns to the game, it displays that player's average, highest game ever bowled, highest three game series bowled and the last user name that the player chose.
- Our E-Greetings tool and Take Ten E-Mail games use a preferences file to store the names and e-mail addresses of friends that are sent cards - if a user specifically decides that he wants these to be stored. This is strictly an opt-in preferences file . Plus, the data written to this preferences file uses some basic encryption to prevent other Shockwave programs from reading it .
The location of preferences files on a user's hard drive varies from machine to machine depending on the operating system and platform. But in general, they are in a subdirectory named "Prefs" under the directory to which the Shockwave Plug-In (or Active-X control) has been installed.
Playtonium.com will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. Playtonium.com may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people only when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide a specific service (or product) you have requested and such sharing is necessary for the successful delivery of the service;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process.
Playtonium.com may amend this policy from time to time. If Playtonium.com makes any substantial changes in the way we use personal information, we will notify all visitors by posting a prominent announcement on our pages.
Playtonium.com would like to receive your comments and questions about this Privacy Statement. Please address comments or questions regarding Playtonium's Privacy Statement to us via e-mail or postal mail.
122 Timberhill Pl.
Chapel Hill, NC 27514